Global USSD Dashboard Overview: Sessions, Call2Service Numbers, Wallet
After registering and signing into your Global USSD account, you are presented with a dashboard. In this post we will give an overview of its functionality.
- Amount of funds in your wallet. By clicking on the icon, you are transferred to “Balance” section of the console. Funds in your wallet are used to add sessions and rent Call2Service numbers.
- Amount of active sessions left. By clicking on the icon, you are also transferred to “Balance” section of the console. You will receive notifications to your email when amount of sessions starts to reach low levels.
- Amount of rented Call2Service numbers. The icon leads to “C2S-Numbers” section of the console.
- Stats of your services. Shows used sessions by days.
- Manuals and API description. Required to created a service.
- List of active services with assigned C2S numbers against each service.
- Overview of your account transactions.
When you developed your service, you need sessions and assigned Call2Service number to start delivering it.
Balance section of the console. First, you need to top up your account. Click “Top up”.
Select the amount. After clicking “Buy”, you will be transferred to checkout, where you can use your credit card. After the purchase, your wallet is immediately topped up.
Go to the “Balance” section again, and click “Add sessions”. Choose the required package. The cost will be deducted from your wallet. Note: all payments in the console are deducted from your Global USSD wallet, not your credit card. Use your credit card only to top up the wallet.
To initiate the service, you need a number. Go to “C2S-Numbers” section and click “Rent New C2S Number”. You will be presented with a pool of numbers available for rent.
Choose a number you liked and click “Rent”. The fee for rent will be deducted from your Global USSD wallet every month.
Next, you need to assign the number to your service. We’ll continue overview in the next post.